Monday, May 22, 2006

Scent

The smell that reminds me most of childhood is a mix of the perfume Chanel No5 & this perfumed talc powder(but I don't know what the name of it was) . My mom wore it all the time. So did both my grandmothers. When I smell it now I can picture thier bedrooms in the mid-70's, the colors, the furniture, even all the bottles & brushes they had laid out on their dressing tables. They had dressing tables....They sat down at them & did their hair & make up every day. I cannot imagine doing that now. I do everythign standing the bathroom, usually in a rush.

My parents are visiting this weekend & brought me a stack of photos from the 60's & 70's of them & me. Some of the photos smell like this mixture.

8 comments:

Meg said...

How very cool that some of the pictures have that smell!! Really connects it to that time. I expect to see lots of LOs with baby Stacey pcitures!

loonyhiker said...

I bet it is so much fun looking at those old pictures and old styles!

Unknown said...

I'm with meg. Can't wait to see those "baby" Stacey pictures.

Glynis said...

Fantastic memories, Stacey! And I saw one of your baby picture layouts--so so cute!

heather said...

That's exciting getting all your old pics. Wish I could get some of mine. The ladies getting ready in front of their dressing tables was a great image. Hope the scent lasts on the photos for a long time... pity there's not a way to save it.

Anonymous said...

Chanel No 5... I've been wearing that since I was 16, it's one of two perfumes I can wear that don't change their smell throughout they day. I love Chanel No 5 :o)

faery-wings said...

Chanel #5-- what a classic. :)
Mom brought pics out to show my brother's new fiancee. What fun, bet you can't wait to see them.

Tiffani said...

My mom and grandmom wore Halston (my mom still does occasionally) perfumed powder. There was always an open container on my moms dresser with the puff beckoning me to try some! Thanks for bring back that memory!!!