Wednesday, May 17, 2006

comfort foods

Homemade cookies or muffins. Meatloaf. Fried egg & bacon sandwiches. When I eat for comfort I reach for high fat food because there is no comfort in broccoli.

I am eating one of my faves right now. Homemade chocolate chip cookies spread with a strawberry cream cheese & yogurt dip. It has yogurt in it therefore it is healthy right? It's a great dip for apple & pear slices, pineapple chunks (fresh) and strawberries. Drake is eating it with apples at the moment. I am hoping that I can start a patternt hat fruit is comfort for him

Drake is covered in poison ivy. The spots started appearly slowly Sunday & we were not sure if they were just bites. Then more Monday, started hydrocortison cream, yesterday he was one big rash. His arms, his face, his neck, his stomach, the backs of his legs, his private parts. He just healed up from it on his butt. The doc gave us some oral steriods to clear it up plus I have to put hydrocortison on it & anti-itch stuff. Poor kid, no wonder he has been so whiny lately.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey - what a shame for your son. I've never had poison ivy, but it sounds like just a bear to deal with...I hope he's over it sooner rather than later.

Glynis said...

Your comfort foods sound great! Hope Drake starts feeling better soon...it's hard on little ones, but when they're sick it's hard on mommy too!

Meg said...

"there is no comfort in broccoli"

LOLOLOLOLOL!! That line killed me! I love your choices though, they all sound so good! I might have to make some muffins this afternoon.

Poor Drake, I hope he feels better soon, I can't even imagine how uncomfortable he must be!

Anonymous said...

I hope he feels better soon, it sounds awful!

I liked the line about broccoli too - wish I could think them up!

loonyhiker said...

Do you have any idea how he got the poison ivy? I would hate for you to go thru all this and him go right back to the same place! Darn, what a pain! (no pun intended!)

ArtcTrish said...

Meatloaf! I didn't think about that!! Mmmmm...may have to make it tonight!
Hope Drake is ok!!!

Karen said...

Sounds like both you and Drake need buckets of comfort food. Go wild. You clearly both deserve it.

heather said...

Hi Stacey, hope Drake is feeling better. I can't stop thinking about that strawberry dip. It's taken me a while to figure out what it might taste like but I think I've worked it out and I think I like it!

ArtcTrish said...

I made the meatloaf and it was soooo good- thanks for the inspiration!