Friday, May 26, 2006

Is creating "beautiful art" more important than the process of creating.
For me it is the process. Most of my hobbies are about the process, though I enjoy getting a beautiful result. I would not cross stitch, crochet or quilt otherwise. I love the process of them. The planning, the cutting, the stitching, watching something whole & formed grow out of scattered pieces. I feel the same way about digi scrapping. The process of making all the parts into a whole is what fascinates me. Sure I love it when the results are admired by others. But if I didn't find the process more important, the odds are I wouldn't do it.

We're going up to WV to celebrate a the birthday of a friend's DD. They are having a weekend long camping party at some property they own in the mountains, along a river. Dh & the boys will be camping. I will be not camping. I have a room at a hotel about 20 minutes away. I don't like camping. But the hotel is mostly because DH owes me a night alone & this is a convenient way for me to get it. He went camping with his buddies a month ago & we agreed I get a night in a hotel in exchange.

5 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I hope you have fun in WV. We drive through there about once a year coming home from Washington DC and we love WV. I hope you enjoy your time alone.

Meg said...

WhooHOOOO! Have a great time! Take some wine and a good book and SLEEP IN!!!

Glynis said...

My dh wants to take the kids camping and I am SOOOO not a camping person. You sound like you've found the perfect way around that dilemma. I hope you don't mind if I use it too!!

ArtcTrish said...

Great post! Have fun not camping!!!

Unknown said...

Well said. Not be artsy myself, I, too, would not cross stitch, knit or scrapbook, if I was more concerned in the outcome.