Monday, January 01, 2007

resolutions

My resolutions for 2007...out here for the whole world to see & reply when I screw up on them:)

1. Serve better & more interesting side dishes. I have a whole post around here somewhere about my food resolutions, but the side dish thing is the one I am really focused on.

2. Lose 20lbs. This involves exercising more & eating less & better. I already go to the gym 3x a week, but I am going to up the strength training & weights & increase cardio. I'm also going to try to get a 4th day in whenever possible (even if that means going on a weekend). eat less is pretty self explanitory.

3. Journal more - online, in my layouts, in the boys' books and in my 5 year journal. I was really good about that journal in 2004 & 2005, but 2006 has been very sporadic. I blame getting more sleep. I started it when I was sleepless & forgetful, now I am sleeping & remembering more events so I'm less inclined to write them down.

4. Stick to the budget. There is another post around here about the odd tendacy since about April for there to be a random, unexpected $500 cost every month. Auto repairs, medical expenses, power surge blowing out thing, etc. Plus we were randomly going over budget on stuff anyway, so the last few month have been hard financially. We revised the budget & are moving forward. The $500 expense thing appears to be continuing - our dryer is taking 2-3 tumbles to dry a load it used to do in 1. We cleaned out the vents, pulled it out from the wall & cleaned out the ducts in the wall. Nothing is helping. The dryer still works though & until it is actually defunct we are not getting a new one. But every time I do a load of wash (every day) I am reminded of our need to save money toward a new one.

6 comments:

Paula May said...

These are all wonderful resolutions! I wish you good luck in the New Year!

loonyhiker said...

Great resolutions. I am amazed that you have the time to blog on here with all that you do, much less do MORE journaling! I hate the thought of budgeting so didn't even try to make a resolution about that! I am adding some weight training in my exercise too.

Glynis said...

Those are fantastic resolutions, Stacey...good luck with all of them. Oh and congrats on being the DSP spotlight! Yay!!

Ann said...

Good luck on your goals... I like the "side dishes" one. I am in such a rut with cooking. Rice, mashed potates, mashed potatoes, rice.

Unknown said...

Ohhhh side dishes. Sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with a spritz of oil and vinegar. Asparagus with cheese sauce. Sauteed squash and onions. Steamed broccoli or cauliflower with real butter. If it is starches you are after, try melting real butter in a pan add sliced onions and rice, once the rice turns transluscent add chicken broth and cook according to rice directions. Yummy.

With regard to journals, I bought three before the first of the year; one for each of my grown children in which I plan to write down memories of my childhood and theirs.

Congratulations.....

*love2scrap* said...

side dishes... that is where I STINK!!!! Tink's sound good, but it is winter here!! In fact, they are making me drool...