Friday, October 13, 2006

Would you choose differently if you could choose your occupation again? Why? How?

No I would't. Not either of them. Though I didn't actually choose my last occupation. I just sort of fell into telecom, or drifted. Yeah, it was a slow process so drifted is probably a better description. I really enjoyed it & can't really think of anything I would have prefered to do then. Now I am a SAHM, which I did choose, and cannot imagine not being. it was a good choice. 3 years from now, when both little boys are in school all day 5 days a week I will be able to choose again what I want to do and so far I have no clue. I'm taking the winter off & doing absolutely nothing (i will have spent the previous year driving back & forth from the Primary school 3x a day with one kid in half day an one in full day. That is 6 30 minute drives 5 days a week. I deserve a couple of months of not needing to go anywhere), assuming we have no urgent need for me to work, but then in Jan 2010, or thereabouts I will return to something in the workforce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that traveling is a pain. Currently, my kids go to play school 5 days a week mornings only but it works out to 60min of travelling a day, that is 5 hours a week, 20 hours a month of just driving them to and from school! I do have the opportunity now already to work half-day (mornings only) but frankly, I don't want to! I enjoy the time to catch up on all my housework and scrap and other projects and chores. I worked for 5 years and that was enough. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the next few years with your boys Stacey, isn't it great being a SAHM!?
Heather

carin.c said...

If you can get a break then go for it and take it! I'm sure you like whatever you choose next as well since you have such a good track record!