Sunday, August 27, 2006

scrapping news

One of my favorite scrap sites has closed down. Traci decided to close Scrapmommies after another hacking a few days ago. I don't blame her in the least. She's had to rebuild the site several times in the past 6 months due to server problems & hacking issues. But that leaves me without my main source of scrapping challenges. They had about 40 or so a month. They were not designer or kit specific. I love DSP's challenges but I'm not always interested enough in the kit or word art etc required to buy it. I generally like everything but don't have the budget to buy it all so I get picky. So I have been roaming around looking for something new and I came across 2 things.

One is over at Jen Wilson's site. She is doing an 8 week long challenge/contest - A Meaning*ful Contest. More details can be foundhere. She is giving out some cool prizes.

The other is at The Digi Dares Blog. It runs every week, though this first dare runs for 2 weeks. They are giving away a freee kit to everyone who participates in this first challenge & then there are prizes every month.

I've had some time today and managed to knock out both those challenges as well as the Play by Numbers Challenge on DSP.

This is for the Meaning*ful Contest



and this does double duty for the Play By Numbers Challenge and the Digi Dare Contest


**Now for some shameless self-promotion**

I finished a couple sets of 2007 calendar templates that are CD sized, since that seems to be popular now. I also did 2 paper packs to match up, so people can choose from a casual or elegant font calendar and a pastel or bold paper pack. They should be up in the 1hourscrap store by the end of this week and will be 30% for a week after. Here are 2 of the previews I have for them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those links Stacey, I might pop along and join in sometime :o)