Monday, August 28, 2006

Has there been anyone that you've encountered in your life (however briefly), that you wish you had gotten to know better?

There have been various people off & on in my life that I wish I had been able to know better. Most of them were co-workers at some point in my life, people you know casually in their 'work persona' but never really have the opportunity to get to know for real. There was Sharon from the mortgage company and Jake, from England, at the restaurant. Jody & my final boss from my dream job. I wish I had known my MIL better as well.

5 comments:

ArtcTrish said...

I think its just something about the work place where you just really don't get that opportunity to know others more than we do.

Unknown said...

I have always worked in small offices so knew all my co-workers extremely well. But I think if I worked for bigger companies, I might have come across some that I wished I knew better.

Elizabeth said...

you make an interesting point about people from work, or even people we only know in certain contexts--what an interesting approach to this question!

loonyhiker said...

Isn't it interesting that someone who touches your life, not matter how briefly can somehow put a "footprint" on our lives? We have 120 teachers at my school and some that I've barely met. I am going to do a better job of getting to know them now before it is too late.

heather said...

I agree with you. I have worked with people but not gotten to know them that well unfortunately.