Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hybrid

I've posted before about how I like the different Maya Road albums and others that Sweet Shoppe sells. And how I don't get along with scissors so I can't use them.  Well, I've collected quite a number of premade album pages lately with Sweet Shoppe's FWP offers and I sort of feel I should at least try one.  The Bree did a set of templates for the layer book my last week guesting for her. So I decided to bite the bullet and try it. I ordered a star album and a layer book.

 

Meanwhile, for practice I decided to do a couple of Sweet Shoppe's hybrid card album challenges. It is a set called 52 Pickup, new card every week.  I figured it's 4 straight line cuts, how hard can it be?  oh my....

This is the first one I did

I had to print it out 3 times before I cut it properly.  Scissors...

This is the second one.

 

This time I used a penknife and a ruler on a cutting mat.  Slightly better results.  A bit a skew to the left where the ruler slid a bit, but not too bad.  I had DH pick me up a razor knife when he was out yesterday. We'll see how I do with it on the next one.

I've got the layer album mostly created. I found some Mod Podge at Wal Mart finally, so now it's a matter of ink. Will there be enough? I'm hoping to get it assembled by Friday. We'll see

0 comments: